Bescheinigungen written on a post it Copyright: RWTH Aachen



+49 241 80 90710



You can print out various certificates showing your acquired achievements through RWTHonline. In the "Documents" application, you can find a list of all the available certificates and official notifications, such as:

  • certificates for all passed and failed performances (transcript of records, total achievements)
  • the certificate of passing (lists only those exams and assessments which you have passed)
  • student account statement
  • certificate of registered exams

For detailed information on how to invoke certificates, please refer to the instructions "Bescheinigungen abrufen" in the RWTHonline documentation portal.

If you require a certificate with a signature and stamp, please contact your specific advisor in the ZPA.


Certificate FAQs

Can I get a certificate that only shows what I have passed?

Yes. You can generate the certificate "Transcript of records (only passed)" on RWTHonline using the "Certificates (Documents)" application, or ask your ZPA advisor to issue one for you.

ZPA Contact Persons

What do the abbreviations Q, B, PAQ and X on the transcripts and certificates mean?

B = a non-graded exam/assessment has been passed
Q = a valid doctor's note has been received
PAQ = after an aborted exam attempt, a valid doctor's note has to be submitted
X = not participated (corresponds to a grade of 5.0, not passed)

How long after finishing my studies can I view my transcript of records (Notenspiegel)?

If you are still enrolled at RWTH, you will be able to see your transcript of records and any certificates in RWTHonline, in the "Certificates (Documents)" application.

If you have terminated your enrollment at the University, you will be able to view your transcript of records or any certificates in RWTHonline, as long as you have access to the system.

I have terminated my enrollment and need a certificate showing my academic performance. What can I do?

If you can no longer access RWTHonline or need a signed certificate, contact your respective advisor. They will provide you with the necessary certificate.