RWTH Aachen – Tsinghua Junior Research Fellowships
From now on, applications for a Junior Research Fellowship are only to be submitted via an online form, which you will find further down in the Online Application section. Any applications that are only submitted via email or by postal mail will be considered incomplete. In case of technical problems or questions regarding the procedure, please contact René Seyfarth.
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
Ms. ZENG Qin
Tsinghua University – Office for International Cooperation and Exchange
- Send Email
Who Can Apply?
Master students and doctoral candidates from Tsinghua University and RWTH Aachen University
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
- 900 euros per month for up to six months
- 1,250 euros per month for up to six months
After providing evidence of their greater need, single parents as well as individuals with chronic illnesses or disabilities can be awarded more funding.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conduct research for your Master's or PhD thesis
- Excellent academic performance
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and Tsinghua (please refer to "recommendation letter" under the heading "Application documents in English" for more information)
Time of the Stay
Incoming Tsinghua Students
- During the summer semester – April 1 to September 30 – or winter semester – October 1 to March 30
- Best arrival times to apply for a room in a student dormitory: March 1 or August 1.
Outgoing RWTH Students
- Within the Tsinghua summer semester – approximately March to June – or the Tsinghua winter semester – approximately September to January
- March 31
- September 30
Application Documents in English
- CV with contact information (home address, email address)
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, supervisor, duration and expected outcome, 1 to 2 pages in total
- Recommendation letter of supervisor at home university: reference to the research project, expected outcome and/or future perspectives of cooperation
- Confirmation of supervision from host university: reference to the research project and duration of the stay, expected outcome and/or future perspectives of cooperation
- Certificate of enrollment at home university
- Transcript of grades
- Copy of passport
Incoming Tsinghua students
- Send your application documents to Tsinghua University's Office for International Cooperation and Exchange by the deadline – you will be nominated by your International Office.
- Upon nomination, you must apply for a place via the online form for incoming students.
- If your application is successful, you will receive all necessary information for your stay at RWTH.
Outgoing RWTH students
- Upload all your application documents in the online form for outgoing students.
- If your application is successful, you will receive all the necessary information for your stay at Tsinghua University.