Strategic Partnership RWTH Aachen and IIT Madras – 2016 to 2020
The deadlines of the application periods in 2018 are as follows:
April 8, 2019 (for 2019)
June 30, 2019 (for 2019)
September 15, 2019 (for 2019 and 2020)
November 30, 2019 (for 2020)
Please note: Applications for short-term stays (project initiation, work meetings) are accepted on a rolling basis in 2018!
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
The strategic partnership is founded on the Indo-German Partnership in Higher Education Programme, which was initiated by the German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD for short, and the Indian University Grants Commission or UGC. Both universities have a funding volume of 400,000 euros respectively for four years from 2016 to 2020.
This funding is available to students, doctoral candidates, postdocs, lecturers, and staff through various measures. This includes activities such as research stays, preparatory visits, guest lectures, joint seminars and workshops, and work meetings to implement binational Master's courses of study, e-learning and blended learning formats, industry collaborations, and joint alumni offers.
You will be informed of the selection committee's decision shortly thereafter.
For more information please refer to the overview of funding rates and measures.
- The application must be completed in English.
- Please take into account the documents you must include in the application – see page five of the application form.
- RWTH employees can be reimbursed for the cost of travel and accommodations by submitting a travel cost reimbursement form.
- Students, doctoral candidates, and postdocs can apply for a general scholarship.
- Both options are available to doctoral candidates and postdocs employed at RWTH.
- The DAAD funding is primarily to serve as start-up financing for the travel and stay. It is not intended for personnel costs.
- Please contact us before booking your trip to discuss DAAD funding guidelines and cost planning.
- Please plan your trip with enough time in advance. We recommend at least two to three months.
- When planning your trip please take the DAAD security recommendations into consideration.
- Announcements made by our Indian partner will be published by the IITM Office of International Relations, where you can also find the application documents and information about funding rates.
Funded by the DAAD with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF.