RWTH Aachen – University of Alberta Junior Research Fellowships
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
University of Alberta International
- Send Email
Who can apply?
Master's students and doctoral candidates from both the University of Alberta and RWTH Aachen
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
Incomings of the University of Alberta
- 860 eurosper month for up to six months
Outgoings of RWTH Aachen
- 750 euros per month for up to six months
Single parents as well as chronically ill or disabled individuals can be granted a higher scholarship amount by providing proof for the additional need.
Aims of the Fellowship
- Conducting research as part of the Master's or doctoral thesis (including research internships)
- Excellent academic performance
- Strategic value for the partnership between University of Alberta and RWTH (see "Letter of recommendation" under Application Documents)
Duration and Organization of the Research Stay
Incomings from the University of Alberta
- Summer semester: From April 1 to September 30; winter semester: From October 1 to March 30
- In order to apply for placement in a student dorm, the following arrival times are best: March 1 and August 1.Um sich für einen Platz im Studierendenwohnheim zu bewerben, sind folgende Ankunftszeitpunkte ideal: 1. März und 1. August.
- By arrangement with the supervisor at the University of Alberta
- Best time for getting an inexpensive placement in a student dorm: May to September
- March 31
- September 30
Application Documents in English
- Curriculum Vitae with contact details (mailing address, e-mail)
- Declaration of objectives with an outline of the research project, name of the supervisor, information on the duration of the stay, description of the expected results totaling 1-2 pages
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the home university with reference to the research project and details on the expected outcome and/or prospective cooperation in the future
- Confirmation of supervision of the host university with reference to the research project as well as details on the expected outcome and/or prospective cooperation in the future
- Enrollment certification from your home university
- Transcript of records
- A copy of your passport
Please send all your application documents as a pdf attachment via email to René Seyfarth. We do recommend that you get in touch with us before you submit your application so that we can discuss the project beforehand (via telephone, email or in person) – we are happy to assist you!
Neither the University of Alberta International Office nor the RWTH International Office can establish contacts for you or arrange for placement. Being able to convince a supervisor that you have an exciting project planned or are a bright person who has a lot to offer, is de facto proof of academic suitability and the central element of your application. If you have an invitation from the partner university, then it is very likely that you will be awarded the scholarship.