RWTH Research Ambassador Scholarships
Deputy Head of Department, Head of Team RWTHworldwide America
- +49 241 80 90686
- Send Email
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
Research Scholarships for RWTH Graduate Students
In 2009, RWTH Aachen University successfully launched the RWTH Ambassador Program for graduate students taking part in research projects in the key partner countries USA and Canada.
Highly-qualified and motivated Diplom/Master's students and doctoral candidates who will take part in a research internship at a renowned university or research institution in the above named countries and who would like to become an ambassador for RWTH Aachen are encouraged to apply.
The stay abroad may be independent of the student’s regular study requirements or may be recognized as an integral part of the student’s study program, such as thesis work or internship. In the latter case, the student must get the approval of the respective Examination Board.
Students who are accepted as RWTH Ambassadors should be eager to take on their new role in the host country. During the time as ambassador, students will be asked to represent RWTH Aachen University at selected events or conferences and thereby support RWTH Aachen’s promotional activities.
The scholarship will guarantee a monthly allowance of 500 euros and will be awarded for up to six months. The award of the grant will be decided based on the quality of the application documents.
- Enrolled as a regular student in graduate or post-graduate studies (Hauptstudium / Master Program / Doctoral Studies) at RWTH Aachen University
- In very good academic standing
- Have confirmation of a research project placement at a university or research institution
- Be motivated to represent RWTH Aachen University and be actively involved in the RWTH Ambassador Program
Application materials (in English)
- Academic transcript
- Statement of motivation
- Confirmation of project placement
- Letter of recommendation
The statement of motivation should describe the research activity or research project that students intend to conduct. In particular, students should state why they will be a successful ambassador for RWTH Aachen University and illustrate ideas on how they could achieve that task.
Students can hand in their application via:
- E-mail (this method is preferred - originals should be scanned and sent in one PDF-document)
- Postal mail
- Personally in the International Office
RWTH AACHEN UNIVERSITY
Dezernat 2.0 - International Office
RWTH Ambassador Program
Applications can be submitted from February 1 or August 1 for the respective following deadline.
- Those who wish to apply for the first deadline in the year must submit their complete application between January 1 and February 1.
- Those wishing to apply for the second deadline in the year must submit their complete application between July 1 and August 1.
- The selection committee meetings are held approximately six weeks after each deadline.
It is the responsibility of the student to find a suitable research internship. If students would like to receive academic recognition for the research internship within their faculty at RWTH (e.g. credits or as an obligatory internship), they should contact the respective Examination Board in their department before the departure.