Participation in the Graduation Ceremony 2021
The next Graduation Celebration will be held in the first week of September 2021. Graduates from all RWTH faculties and degree programs (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diplom, Staatsexamen, Magister, doctorate) who completed their degree in summer semester 2019, winter semester 2019/20, summer semester 2020, or winter semester 2020/21 are invited to attend the 2021 Graduation Celebration.
The requirements for participation are as follows:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diplom, State Examination and Magister students
You must have taken your last exam between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2021 for your graduation to fall within the eligible semesters.
- Doctoral graduates from any of the faculties must have fully completed the doctoral degree process in summer semester 2019, winter semester 2019/20, summer semester 2020, or winter semester 2020/21. This means you must have received your doctoral degree certificate between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2021.
- Bachelor graduates who completed their last exam in April 2020 or April 2021 – and therefore after the official end of the 2019/20 winter semester on March 31, 2020 or the end of the 2019/20 winter semester on March 31, 2021 – and can retroactively enroll in a Master’s program at RWTH beginning in summer semester 2020 or summer semester 2021 are also able to participate.
- Model degree program Medicine and Dentistry
For these courses of study, special regulations apply, as degree completion typically takes place very early in the semester. Thus, graduates in Medicine and Dentistry from winter semester 2019/20, summer semester 2020, winter semester 2020/21, or summer semester 2021 are eligible to apply.
The registration progress for the 2021 Graduation Celebration
- Eligible graduates could pre-register for the 2021 Graduate Festival until May 31, 2021. Next steps and information will be emailed to those eligible soon. Thank you for the great interest!
- Ticket Sale
In the middle of July 2021, all pre-registered graduates who have officially completed their degrees in the relevant time period will be informed via email about how to actually purchase tickets for the event. Graduates will be able to purchase tickets for themselves and up to three guests.
The Registration for the Graduation Celebration 2022
Graduates who complete their studies after April 1, 2021, can pre-register via the 2022 registration portal for the Graduation Celebration on September 3, 2022. We will send an email to all (potential) graduates with further information at the beginning of 2022.