Application to First Course Semester
Information Material and Contact Offices
Legal information about beginning studies is published each semester in the brochure RWTH-Info zur Studienaufnahme at the beginning of May for the following winter semester and the beginning of December for the following summer semester.
Carefully read the information, note your questions, and make sure to get these answered before the application deadline passes. The Student Advice Centre and Registrar's Office offer presentations about the application process each year.
Please also pay attention to our FAQ page.
|Nationality||Course of Study||Application Deadline for Winter Semester||Application Deadline for Summer Semester|
|German X1||restricted admission (NC)||Till August 20 of every year (final deadline)||Till January 15 of every year (final deadline)|
|open admission||Till October 15 of every year (final deadline)||Till April 15 of every year (final deadline)|
Till August 20 (final deadline)
|Till January 15 (final deadline)|
X1 German citizenship or a German Abitur or university degree
X2 EU/EEA citizens with foreign proof of education. EEA countries include Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.
International Prospective Students
We explain the application process for all other international prospective students under:
RWTH Info (de)
(pdf: 454 kb)
Information for starting studies
- NC Subjects Winter Semester 2019/2020 Statistics (de) (pdf: 75 kb)
- NC Subjects Winter Semester 2018/2019 Statistics (de) (pdf: 10 kb)
- NC Subjects Winter Semester 2017/2018 Statistics (de) (pdf: 18 kb)
- NC subjects Winter Semester 2016/2017 (de) (pdf: 27 kb)
- NC subjects Winter Semester 2015/2016 (de) (pdf: 313 kb)
- NC Subjects Winter Semester 2014/2015 (pdf: 33 kb)