Enrollment in Bachelor Studies for Internationals
Please arrange your travel to Aachen so that you arrive in good time for the Welcome Week. Participation in the Welcome Week is compulsory.
When do I need to enroll and what do I need?
In your admissions letter on RWTHonline, in Self Service, you can find the time and location of your enrollment session at the International Office. Once you accept your study place, you will also be able to see the requirements for the documents needed to enroll in Self Service.
Please note – you must also bring the originals of all the required documents to be able to enroll at the University – notarized copies will not be accepted.
You also need to provide documentation proving you have valid health insurance that is also officially recognized in Germany. Make sure you have this documentation before your enrolment session. Please note – you either need German statutory health insurance or a confirmation from a German public health insurance company that your private insurance is equivalent. We do not accept travel health insurance.
What do I do before I enroll?
Before you enroll, log on to RWTHonline to update your personal data, and upload your health insurance certificate and any other necessary documents, like a pre-internship certificate, termination of enrollment certificate, self assessment, or language certificate.
What documents do I need to prepare to enroll?
If you have received admission, you will need to prepare a few documents to enroll. Please bring the following documents with you to your enrollment session or alternatively upload them onto RWTHonline:
- Application to Enroll at RWTH, signed by you (original)
- A valid passport, or alternatively personal identification for EU citizens (original and copy)
- The originals of your school and university certificates; if the originals are in English or French in addition to your native language, you must bring these along too.
- The original translations of your school and university certificates; these translations must be completed by a certified translation office or recognized by the German embassy or consulate in your home country. The translation office can either be in Germany or your home country.
- Original documentation of the required language skills, as stipulated in the relevant examination regulation (upload).
- Insurance confirmation from a German public health insurance provider (upload). You must have a confirmation from a German public health insurance provider that you either have public health insurance or are exempt from German public health insurance. Before enrolling you must therefore go to a health insurance provider and either purchase an insurance policy from them or be issued a confirmation from them that your current insurance is sufficient. You cannot enroll without this confirmation from a German public health insurance provider.
- Proof of termination of studies at a German university if you have previously been enrolled at a German university (upload); this also applies to former students at a Studienkolleg or preparatory college.
- Proof of pre-internships for courses of study that require them (upload)
- Proof of participation in an RWTH Self Assessment (upload)
- Placement confirmation for a higher core semester from the respective RWTH Examination Board (original)
You will only be able to enroll at RWTH once you can provide all the required listed documents.