Getting to Aachen by Plane
How to reach us
Directions to the Info Service Center from Aachen's train stations and by car
From Frankfurt Airport
- By train: The train ride from Frankfurt to Aachen takes about two to three hours, depending on the connections, with a changeover at Cologne Main Train Station. The costs vary depending on if you take a regional train with stops in between or quicker ICE connection with the Deutsche Bahn. Tickets can be acquired with either cash, credit card or online as follows:
- at all DB shops
- onboard ICE/IC/EC directly from the train attendant (price on board)
- at DB automats machines at regional stations at any time
- at the train office at the airport
- on the Deutsche Bahn website or in the DB app
From Dusseldorf Airport
- By train: Depending on the connections, the train ride from Dusseldorf to Aachen takes about one and a half to two hours with the Deutsche Bahn. Some connections require a changeover at Dusseldorf Main Train Station or Cologne Main Train Station. Costs depend on if you choose a regional train with multiple stops or a quicker ICE connection from the Deutsche Bahn. Tickets can be purchased online, with cash or credit card in the train office at the airport or at DB machines at regional stations at any time.
From Cologne/Bonn Airport
- By train: Depending on the connections, the train ride with Deutsche Bahn from Cologne/Bonn Airport to Aachen takes about one to one and half hours with a changeover at Cologne Main Train Station. Tickets can be purchased online, with cash or credit card in the train office at the airport or at DB machines at regional stations at any time.
From Maastricht Airport
- By bus: The shuttle transfer from Maastricht Airport to the Maastricht bus terminal takes about 20 minutes. The shuttle bus stops across from the passenger terminal and waits in the event that a flight is delayed. You can take bus line 350 from the Maastricht bus terminal to Aachen. On line 350 you can pay cash or by card. In Aachen you can switch to a local bus, which will bring you to your accomodations.
From Brussels Zaventem or Brussels Charleroi
- By train: take Deutsche Bahn from Brussels or alternatively use Belgian rail (SNCB). The journey takes around 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on your connection. Our tips: Go Pass Aachen 1 Ticket (under 26 years), Go Pass 10 Ticket (under 26 years), Rail Pass Ticket (above 26 years)
- Private bus companies offer transfers from Brussels Zaventem and Charleroi to Aachen. You usually have to book these online in advance. The journey takes around 2.5 to 3 hours.
Last Minute Accomodations
In the event that you are an immediate need of accomodations after your arrival in Aachen, there are number of hotels here in diverse price ranges. Additionally there are hostels in the region and RWTH Aachen's guesthouses, which only have a small number of accomodation possibilities.