Support the Welcome WeekCopyright: © Andreas Schmitter
Would you like to be involved in the events and help out with various tasks? Become a Welcome Week volunteer!
Each year, the International Office organizes the Welcome Week to provide new international students with a good start at the university. RWTH expects about 1.300 young students from all over the world.
In order to have a successful week, the organizers depend on your help. They are looking for volunteers for the following tasks:
- at the check-in before the kick-off event – greeting the students, handing out guides and Welcome Week wristlets
- logistical help at different events – installations, dismantling
- service support – catering
- as a guide for campus tours on Central campus
- as a referee or trainer for various games and activities like basketball, football, fitness, Mini-Olympic games at the "Sports Day"
- event staff
Of course, the International Office will prepare the assistants for the tasks with detailed briefings. As a Welcome Week volunteer, you can take part in all events free of charge, for example at the Faculty Brunch or at the Karaoke Party.
The Welcome Week program will soon be available on the website.
The organizers are looking forward to numerous commitments via email by August 1, for a winter semester, or by February 1, for a summer semester, at the latest. Your commitment will be recognized as a compulsory component for the Certificate International, Group 2.
You are involved in a student organization, an RWTH institution, or a StädteRegion Aachen service and would like to reach out to international students?
Welcome Week offers service providers an excellent platform to present their diverse offerings to a wider audience and get in touch with international newcomers – whether through virtual or in-person fairs, networking events, or presentations. Get in touch with our Welcome Week Team via email to find out how, and in which event, you can introduce your organization!
Do you want to present your company at Welcome Week? Become a Welcome Week sponsor!
- your logo will appear on the Welcome Week website and link to your homepage
- you have the possibility of holding an English-language info event during the Welcome Week
- you can have a stand at the Freshers' Fair
- your logo will appear with other Welcome Week sponsors' logos on the Welcome Week program
- you can take out a DIN A5-sized ad in the Welcome Week program
We are happy to put together a tailored offer for you if you are interested. For further information, please contact us via email.