Welcome Weeks for International Students
For whom? All new international students at RWTH Aachen – full-degree and exchange students
When? From Tuesday, September 1 to Friday, October 23, 2020Copyright: Claudia Pankanin
The orientation week was something new for me. The international office helped me a lot to feel Aachen like a home. I didn't feel homesickness due to the splendid events of the international office.
Student from Pakistan
In the welcome week, we got full insight of everything related to studies, living and other aspects concerning the stay in Aachen.
Student from India
The idea of 2 orientation weeks: international welcome week and Einführungswoche was a great idea!
Student from Cameroon
Information about the Coronavirus Pandemic
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus, the International Office has put together an online Welcome Weeks program for new international students for winter term 2020/21.
You will be able to find the schedule of virtual meetings on our event page. As a new international student, you will be invited to the Welcome Weeks events by email, provided you have been admitted for studies at RWTH.
We would like to let all students know that RWTH Aachen University is monitoring the situation related to the new Coronavirus COVID-19 with the utmost attention and is carefully following the advice of the local and national authorities.
The information about the current situation is updated daily on our website. We will notify all students regarding any changes via email, but we also recommend you keep updated via the following webpages:
- Online Welcome Weeks Events
- Regularly Updated Information on the Coronavirus Outbreak
- FAQ About the Coronavirus
- FAQ Federal Ministry of the Interior
- Regulations for persons entering Germany in connection with the novel coronavirusSARS-CoV-2 (de)
- Information on the designation of international risk areas (de)
- Information on the recognition of molecular biological tests for SARS-CoV-2 for persons arriving in Germany from risk areas (de)
Welcome Week for New International Students
- +49 241 80 90667
- Send Email
We are looking forward to welcoming you virtually as new international students to RWTH Aachen during our upcoming Welcome Weeks!
Since attending the online Welcome Weeks events is compulsory, please make sure to register for the respective online offers and be on time for the different events. Participating in the online meetings with many advisors from the University and related institutions will guide you through your first steps in Aachen and help you manage your academic, personal and social transition to the University. Quick integration is the key to both your well-being and the future success in your studies. For this reason, we specifically offer a program adapted to your needs.
We hope you'll enjoy unforgettable Online Welcome Weeks!
Survival Guide for International Students
Online Welcome Weeks Highlights
- Official welcome event with the International Office
- Presentations and advice sessions offered by the Admissions Office, the Immigrations Office, the IT ServiceDesk and many more!
- Meet the Career Center, University Sports Center, RWTH Language Center, Student Advice Center and many more central services at the virtual Freshers’ Fair.
- Meet many international student associations at the Global Village and get in touch with your faculty advisor and faculty student council during the Faculty Fair.
- Take part in an online or on-site Campus or Library Tour.
- Get prepared for life in Germany thanks to our online intercultural modules and the Talk Show: How to survive in Germany
- Participate in various workouts from the comfort of your home during our Sports Event
- Make friends during our virtual social events such as Movie Night, Quiz Night, Karaoke, living room concerts and much more!
Stay tuned the entire time by liking our Facebook Page and following us on Instagram. You will have a chance to win surprise gift bags and RWTH Merchandise. Remember to share your Welcome Weeks experience using #RWTHWelcomeWeek!
If you are unable to attend the Welcome Weeks events, please take a look at our Latecomer subpage. All recorded online sessions and presentations will be posted on this page.
You would like to support our Welcome Week Program? Become a Welcome Week volunteer or a Welcome Week sponsor!