Academic Assistance for RefugeesCopyright: Tatiana Reichert
By providing targeted advising early on, the RWTH Aachen International Office wishes to ensure that refugees interested in studies obtain information about the requirements for university admission and about what steps they may need to take to qualify for studies.
Refugee Advisory Team
- +49 241 80 92696
- Send Email
- Advising on opportunities to become a student at RWTH
- Information about recognition of existing documents at RWTH
- Advising on language requirements
- Advising on how to apply for support from the Philipp Schwartz-Initiative for researchers at risk
An overview of support services and tips for refugees with an interest in studying at RWTH, including information on language courses and advising services, is available at: Information for Prospective Students with Refugee Status
if you already have a Master's degree and want to come to RWTH for a research stay, please visit our web page for Researchers at Risk.
Aside from questions about studies, questions about funding, language acquisition, and legal status play an important role. For this reason, RWTH closely collaborates with the Aachen authorities and charity organizations that offer advising on these questions.
Important offices and points of contact in the city region include:
- Jobcenter StädteRegion Aachen
- Federal Employment Agency
- The Immigration Office
- Municipal Integration Center of the Aachen City Region
- Trauma Outpatient Clinic at Uniklinik RWTH Aachen