Fast Track Bachelor Admission – FTBA
What is the “Fast Track Bachelor Admission” Program?Copyright: Tatiana Reichert
In order to be able to begin studies in Germany, international applicants from non EU-countries, have to either have completed one year of studies in their home country or have attended a Studienkolleg in Germany. The Fast Track Bachelor Admission program, however, offers highly talented school students from selected countries the opportunity to directly begin their Bachelor's at RWTH after leaving school. A prerequisite for immediately starting their degree is admission to the special FTBA program.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
Application Procedure via the Study Bridge/Studienbrücke program
Are you a participant in the Goethe-Institut's Studienbrücke program? Please visit the Studienbrücke page for further information on the application process at RWTH.
International Application Process
In order to participate in the program, you must have above-average school grades, outstanding TestAS results, and very good German skills.
Please send your documents to us by the application deadline by email:
- FTBA application form
- Copies of your school certificates from the last two years and your current transcript of grades. These documents need to be submitted in German or English, i.e. translated if necessary
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of motivation
- In one page, explain in German, why you would like to study at RWTH and why you are a suitable candidate.
- TestAS results in German in the Engineering module
- Once we receive your application documents, we will invite you to a personal Skype interview with the FTBA project coordinator and will inform you of the selection result shortly thereafter.
Which Subjects Can You Apply for in the FTBA Program?
Currently, we are only accepting applications for the following subjects:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Administration and Engineering: Mechanical Engineering
- Computational Engineering Science
- China: August 31, 2020
- All other countries: January 15, 2021
What Is Special About the FTBA Support Program?
The selected participants take part in a support program specially tailored to this target group. This includes:
- Close personal support from the FTBA team before you get here and throughout your degree
- Assistance with the application and enrollment process
- Two-week STEM specialist language course before the start of the semester
- Weekly specialist language course during the semester to further improve your German skills specifically for your degree
- Weekly tutorial throughout your first semester
- Program-specific workshops to improve the organization of your degree
- Program-specific events: welcome event, Christmas party, excursions
- Allocation of a room in a student residence
There is a one-off supervision fee for the FTBA program package, which amounts to 3,500 euros.
FTBA participants will also take advantage of the other offers provided by RWTH, which are open to all international students at the University.
- Bridge courses for your degree
- Support services of the Welcome Week
- Sporting activities at the university
- Offers from the RWTH Language Center
- BeBuddy program
- Advising services of RWTH’s International Office
- Career training sessions with the Career Center
- Leisure activities from numerous student initiatives
All students at RWTH have to pay a semester fee for every semester they are enrolled at the University. Please take this fee – around 290 Euro – into account when assessing your degree finances. The semester fee and rent are not included in the FTBA program package fee and must be paid separately once you have enrolled.
We have compiled the most important information about financing your studies under Costs and Finances.
The FTBA program is a great opportunity to study in a challenging and ambitious environment and expand your horizon beyond your national borders. Applying for this program was definitely one of the best decisions that I have made in my life so far.