Am I Eligible to Apply?
Who Can Apply
- Individuals who have fulfilled the required admissions requirements and are about to begin studies at RWTH Aachen or are already enrolled and
- who will be at RWTH for the whole funding period – that is both winter and summer semester – as regular students on course to complete their degree program in the prescribed period of study
- A basic requirement is excellent academic performance.
- Students completing a second degree, supplemental studies, or Master's degrees can be funded as well as first time Bachelor students.
Primary Criteria for Awarding Scholarships
For first-year students
- average grade of their university entrance qualification certificate and number of points attained in the Abitur
- if applicable, the individual grades relevant for the chosen subject of study
Enrolled students use the average grade of their previous academic achievements including the last completed winter semester
- Bachelor’s students: GPA and ECTS points attained
- Master’s students: Bachelor's degree grade, undergraduate GPA, and ECTS Master’s points achieved
- Medicine: performance record including GPA
Performance is calculated using a formula that weighs grades, ECTS points, and core semesters in a way that ensures a fair selection.
Social aspects can serve as secondary criteria for the faculties. These include, for example, social involvment, the willingness to assume a position of responsibility or particular social, family or personal circumstances that result from a candidate’s family or immigration background.