The application period for the upcoming funding period 2023/2024 has already ended. The corresponding link to the online application form for the next application period can be found here again in June 2024.
How Do I Apply?
Existing Deutschlandstipendiat scholarship holders in the 2023/24 funding period who will begin a Master's program at RWTH in the summer semester of 2024 will be able to re-apply to the scheme between February 1 and February 29, 2024. Re-application is mandatory in case of transition from Bachelor to Master to secure further funding. This also applies to scholarship holders currently on leave of absence in the winter semester 2023/24 who will transfer from a Bachelor to a Master in the summer semester 2024.
Application is only possible via the online form in the month of June.
The exact time of your application during this time period does not affect the awarding of the scholarship. After you have submitted your application, you will receive more information about the further course of the selection process. Selection does not begin until after the application deadline.
How to Apply the Right Way
We guide you through the application process. For most of the information we ask you for, you will find a mouse over text in the online application, which will give you additional information. Please also read the FAQs and our guidelines very carefully.
You need the following documents for a successful application
- Proof of academic achievements so far. For RWTH students, an excerpt of the transcript of records from RWTHonline is sufficient. For students of medicine and dentistry, the transcript of records including the grade point average will be made available to the RWTH Education Fund team after application by the Exam Coordinator of the Faculty of Medicine, Mr. Johann Arias.
- Bachelor's degree certificate (only for applications to the Master's degree program); for international applicants: if your degree certificate does not show the final grade; you must submit an official transcript of your home university showing the final grade (or equivalent proof).
- Abitur certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate
- An academic progress certificate. RWTH students can find this in RWTHonline.
- Proof of academic achievements to date – for RWTH students, an excerpt of the RWTHonline transcript of records is sufficient.
- If available, internship and work references as well as proof of other skills or social involvement
- If you submit any international certificates: German translations of your school and university certificates; these translations must have been provided by a certified (sworn) translator/translation company or recognized by the German embassy or consulate abroad.