Student Assistant (f/m/non-binary)
Thermal simulation of electrical traction machines
- +49 241 80-48020
- Send Email
- +49 241 80-48298
- Send Email
Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet Mechatronik in mobilen Antrieben
We are the Teaching and Research Area Mechatronics in Mobile Propulsion (MMP). Our heart beats for the technology of tomorrow's mobility. Around the interdisciplinary topics of mechanics, electrical engineering and information technology, we research sustainable and demand-oriented drive and vehicle concepts. We bring the future to drive systems!
- You are studying mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- You are interested in the simulative development of electrical drive trains
- You have basic knowledge of electrical machines
- First experiences with MATLAB and Simulink are helpful
- First experiences with hardware-in-the-loop applications are helpful
- Excellent written and spoken German or English skills complete your profile
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out thermal FEM simulations of an electric traction machine
- Construction of a real-time capable thermal model of the electric machine
- Execution of the simulation model on a hardware-in-the-loop test bench
- Processing and interpretation of the simulation results
- Validation of the simulation with existing measurement data
- Documentation of the results
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a student assistant.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term of 3 months.
There is an option to extend the contact.
This is a part-time contract position.
The standard weekly hours will be 10-19 hours.
The salary is based on the RWTH Guidelines for Student and Graduate Assistants.
The position corresponds to a pay grade of 12,00 € per hour.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. Employees who are covered by collective bargaining agreements and civil servants have access to an extensive range of further training courses and the opportunity to purchase a job ticket.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|RWTH Aachen University
Teaching and Research Area Mechatronics in Mobile Propulsion
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.