Collegium Musicum Ensembles of RWTH in Concert
The University Orchestra will present Tchaikowsky's "Winter Dreams" in St. Dimitrios church and the University Choir will give a concert in Coronation Hall at Aachen City Hall.
The Collegium Musicum ensembles are comprised of approximately 200 music enthusiasts who meet once a week in order to rehearse for the upcoming concerts. In the 2018/19 winter semester, orchestra and choir each put on their own concerts. Tickets are 10 euros or 5 euros for reduced admission. Advance tickets are on offer at Frankenne, Templergraben 48, or via the Collegium Musicum website.
The University Orchestra under musical direction of Julio G. Vico will transport the audience to the dreamy winter landscape of Russia with the soaring melodies of Tchaikowsky's First Symphony. Soloist Nathalie Schmalhofer will furthermore perform the exquisite Tchaikowsky Violin Concerto.
- January 24 and January 26, 2019; concert venue is St. Dimitrios Church, concert at 7:30pm, doors open at 7pm
The Collegium Musicum Choir will perform their concert at the Aachen City Hall in the spectacular setting of Coronation Hall. Under the musical direction of Tobias Haussig the ensemble is offering a varied program with both baroque as well as modern elements, including the following:
- J. S. Bach: Magnificat: BWV 243
- J. Mäntyjärvi: 4 Shakespeare Songs for mixed choir
- E. Whitacre: Alleluia
- H. Purcell – Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary
- Friday, February 1, 2019, concert at 7:30pm, doors open at 6:45pm
- Saturday, February 2, 2019, concert at 6pm, doors open at 5:15pm