Re-entry Coaching for Students With Long-Term Illnesses – WieLaS
Arrange an Appointment for an Initial Consultation
You are studying at RWTH Aachen University and had to interrupt your studies for a longer period of time due to illness or family reasons? Or you can foresee being in this situation in the future? Then the special coaching offered by the RWTH Student Advice Centre might be the perfect fit for you!
The Coaching Process:
- Initial meeting: We will take stock of your individual needs, clarify your goals, and determine what we should work on together (see possible building blocks below). We will also work out which other individuals – for example, in the departments – need to be contacted next.
- We will jointly draw up a plan of action to help you get settled back into your studies successfully.
- Thanks to regular backup sessions, you will receive continuous support throughout the whole re-entry process - the frequency and intervals are tailored to your needs! Longer-term support is possible if desired.
The following additional coaching modules are also available:
- Basics in time management and creation of a weekly schedule after prior clarification with the departmental advisor. Depending on the subject area, you can alternatively take advantage of mentoring support for this.
- Check: Am I studying the right subject? Systematic analysis of causes, in-depth examination of subject suitability
- Profiling: In-depth clarification of aptitude and interests with the help of valid tests
- Support during a possible reorientation
- Psychological counseling (you will need to make separate appointments for this)
- Support with other problem areas related to your studies
Feel free to contact us and make an appointment for an initial consultation!