RWTH – IIT Madras Junior Research Fellowships
From now on, applications for a Junior Research Fellowship are only to be submitted via an online form, which you will find further down in the Online Application section. Any applications that are only submitted via email or by postal mail will be considered incomplete. In case of technical problems or questions regarding the procedure, please contact Dr. Stefan Diederich.
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
Who Can Apply?
Master students and doctoral candidates from IIT Madras and RWTH Aachen University
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
- 900 euros per month for up to six months
- 1,250 euros per month for three to six months
After providing evidence of their greater need, single parents as well as individuals with chronic illnesses or disabilities can be awarded more funding.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conduct research for your Master's or PhD thesis
- Excellent academic performance
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and IIT Madras (please refer to "recommendation letter" under the heading "Application documents in English" for more information)
Time of the Stay
Incoming IIT Madras Students
- Starting Oktober or November.
Outgoing RWTH Students
Any time. If research work requires coursework, students are requested to start along with the commencement of the semesters at IIT Madras as follows:
Fall semester: Commences in the second week of July
Spring semester: Commences in the first week of January
For RWTH students:
- March 31 and
- September 30
For IIT Madras students:
- August 31, 2022 for the first round of application at IIT Madras, afterwards:
- September 10, 2022 for the second round of application at RWTH
Application Documents in English
- CV with contact information (home address, email address)
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, supervisor, duration and expected outcome, 1 to 2 pages in total
- Recommendation letter of supervisor at home university: reference to the research project, expected outcome and/or future perspectives of cooperation
- Confirmation of supervision from host university: reference to the research project and duration of the stay, expected outcome and/or future perspectives of cooperation
- Certificate of enrollment at home university
- Transcript of grades
- Copy of passport
Incoming IIT Madras students
- Send your application documents to email@example.com, Office of Global Engagement, IIT Madras by the deadline August 31. You will be nominated by the Office of Global Engagement, IITM.
- Upon nomination, you must apply for a place via the online form for incoming students by the deadline September 10.
- If your application is successful, you will receive all necessary information for your stay at RWTH.
Outgoing RWTH students
- Upload all your application documents in the online form for outgoing students.
- If your application is successful, you will receive all the necessary information for your stay at IIT Madras.