RWTH – IIT Madras Senior Research Fellowships
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
First of all, any project serving to further deepen or extend the relationship between RWTH and IIT Madras is very welcome and is eligible for funding. The Senior Fellowship Program provides a formal framework to primarily facilitate joint activities in research and teaching. If you have any other ideas for joint projects or ventures, please get in touch with us – these may be eligible for support from other funding programs.
Who can Apply?
- Professors and postdocs from IIT Madras and RWTH
- Duration of stay between 14 days and one month
- Up to 2,500 euros per stay
- In justified cases, additional funding may be granted upon agreement.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conducting joint research projects or initiate joint research projects (proposal process)
- Presenting your research at the partner institution
- Preparing a joint publication and/or a third-party funding application
- Teaching a class or holding a seminar at the partner institution
- Stimulating further cooperation between RWTH and IIT Madras
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and IIT Madras regarding future joint projects, for example, joint supervision of thesis, joint research & publications, applications for third-party funding, teaching, subsequent visits, and exchange of students
- September 30 and March 31; at other times upon agreement
Application Documents in English
- CV with contact information
- List of recent publications
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, duration of the stay, and expected outcome – see “purpose of the fellowship” and “selection criteria”
- Schedule with specific days and itinerary
- Invitation letter from host university: reference to the joint project and duration of the stay, expected outcome (if possible), and future prospect of cooperation
Send your complete application documents to your university's international office (see the above contact box) by the deadline – you will be nominated by your international office.
After Your Application Has Been Submitted
Upon notification of acceptance, you will receive a welcome email with further information to plan your stay at the partner institution as well as a link to register online at RWTH Aachen University.
We will assist you with any questions so that you can enjoy your time in Aachen.