RWTH Aachen – University of Alberta Junior Research Fellowships
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
Strategie Amerika & Australien
- +49 241 80 90299
- Send Email
University of Alberta International
- Send Email
Who can apply?
Master's students and doctoral candidates from both the University of Alberta and RWTH Aachen
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
- 900 euros per month for up to six months
- 1,250 euros per month for up to six months
Single parents as well as chronically ill or disabled individuals can be granted a higher scholarship amount by providing proof for the additional need.
Aims of the Fellowship
- Conducting research as part of the Master's or doctoral thesis (including research internships)
- Excellent academic performance
- Strategic value for the partnership between University of Alberta and RWTH (see "Letter of recommendation" under Application Documents)
Duration and Organization of the Research Stay
Incomings from the University of Alberta
- Summer semester: From April 1 to September 30; winter semester: From October 1 to March 30
- In order to apply for placement in a student dorm, the following arrival times are best: March 1 and August 1.Um sich für einen Platz im Studierendenwohnheim zu bewerben, sind folgende Ankunftszeitpunkte ideal: 1. März und 1. August.
- By arrangement with the supervisor at the University of Alberta
- Best time for getting an inexpensive placement in a student dorm: May to September
- March 31
- September 30
Application Documents in English
- Curriculum Vitae with contact details (mailing address, e-mail)
- Declaration of objectives with an outline of the research project, name of the supervisor, information on the duration of the stay, description of the expected results totaling 1-2 pages
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the home university with reference to the research project and details on the expected outcome and/or prospective cooperation in the future
- Confirmation of supervision of the host university with reference to the research project as well as details on the expected outcome and/or prospective cooperation in the future
- Enrollment certification from your home university
- Transcript of records
- A copy of your passport
Incoming students from the University of Alberta
- Upload all your application documents in the online form for incoming students.
If your application is successful, you will receive all necessary information for your stay at RWTH.
Outgoing students from RWTH
- Upload all your application documents in the online form for outgoing students.
- If your application is successful, you will receive all the necessary information for your stay at the University of Alberta.