Scholarship for Special Commitment
Extraordinary Support Through Special Funds for UkraineCopyright: © Stanislava Petkova
- Target Group:
- Bachelor’s Students
- Direction / Place:
- +49 241 80 92696
- Send Email
As part of extraordinary support through special funds for Ukraine, the Department of International University Relations is awarding scholarships for special commitment to international prospective students, enrolled students, and doctoral candidates, as well as scientists at RWTH Aachen University, who have fled from the war in Ukraine or have been directly affected by the consequences of the war. Ukrainian prospective students, students, doctoral candidates, scientists, as well as members of other nations in need due to the war – explicitly also persons with Russian or Belarusian citizenship – can be supported.
The scholarships are funded by the German Federal Foreign Office as part of the DAAD program STIBET I.
The grant covers a maximum of 5 months between June 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, and includes a monthly stipend of between 934 and 2000 euros, depending on the academic degree and personal circumstances.
The award is made by a selection committee of the Department of International University Relations.
Who can be supported?
- The main criteria for awarding the scholarship are having fled one's home, financial hardship as a result of the war or an impeded possibility of returning to one's home country, for example, in the case of refugees from other nations.
- Funding is available for: international students, doctoral candidates, scientists at RWTH Aachen University, as well as international prospective students, doctoral candidates, and scientists who intend to study or stay at RWTH Aachen University and are in the preparatory phase
- Only foreign students with "Bildungsausländer" status are eligible for funding.
(Bildungsausländer are those students whose higher education entrance qualification was not acquired at a school in Germany or at a German school abroad).
Sunday, May 14, 2023
Which application documents are required?
To apply, please submit the following documents to us in full via email:
- Application form with an explanation of your current personal situation and your plans, e.g. studies or research stay at RWTH Aachen University
- Scanned copy of your identity card as well as your residence permit, if available
- Proof of your previous school or university education, e.g. school-leaving certificate or university entrance qualification, university degrees, certificates of study, grade overviews, etc.
- For scientists, we request a list of publications and a copy of the most recent academic degree.
- Proof of your German and/or English language skills, for example certificates or current enrollment confirmation for language courses
- For doctoral students and scientists: letter of invitation or recommendation from a professor at RWTH Aachen University.
- Copy of employment contract if you are working
- If applicable, notice of rejection from the BAföG office
Important: Applications that are incomplete or not submitted by the deadline cannot be considered. The application documents must be submitted as scans by e-mail.