Scholarship for Completing Studies for Doctoral Candidates
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
Humboldt Haus Coordinator
- +49 241 80 99151
- Send Email
The RWTH International Office can grant "Studienabschluss" scholarships as part of the DAAD funding program STIBET I with funds from the German Foreign Office. This "Studienabschluss" scholarship funds the academic success of qualified international students, who are in the final phase of their studies.
A committee made up of representatives from RWTH will select the scholarship recipients. Selection is based on diverse criteria. Applicants are not entitled to claim the scholarship.
This short-term scholarship is granted for five months with a stipend of 500 euros per month. Scholarship recipients will find out by mail if they have been selected or not.
Who Can Apply?
RWTH students and doctoral candidates are eligible if they
- Have foreign citizenship and are classified as international students or doctoral candidates ("Bildungsausländer": earned their university entrance qualification at a school outside Germany, with the exception of German schools abroad)
- Are pursuing a doctorate at RWTH with the aim of being awarded a doctoral degree from RWTH
- Are in the final period of their doctoral studies
- Are living in Germany during this final period
- Will apply to initiate the doctoral procedure within five months (a corresponding confirmation must be submitted immediately after the application)
RWTH students and doctoral candidates are not eligible if they
- Are here on exchange or only briefly studying a doctoral program in Aachen
- Are only enrolled for a German course
- Are German citizens
- Have a German university entrance qualification
- Have already received a DAAD-CAP Matching Funds scholarship
- Will be abroad during the final phase of their studies
November 1 to November 30 and May 1 to May 31
What Application Documents Are Required?
- Application form and description of financial status
- Please submit copies documenting your financial situation along with your form – for example, if you have taken out a loan from a bank for your studies, then submit documentation of the loan as well as any current employment contracts and side jobs, and of the income you received through your doctoral studies, and other scholarships.
- Tabular resume
- Copy of your passport and residence permit
- Evaluation from supervisor at supervising institute
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor at supervising institute
- Bank account statement of the past four weeks at the point of application
- A copy of your employment contract is necessary if you have secondary earnings or a form of employment. If your employment is terminated at the beginning of, or during, the scholarship period, or your total number of working hours changes, you must submit proof of this.
- Note: we cannot accept applications that are incomplete or submitted past the deadline. Application documents must be submitted in a single PDF document. We will not accept any applications submitted by email or on paper.