Quality Objectives for Excellent Teaching and Learning at RWTH
The quality objectives form a university-wide basis for quality management in teaching and learning. They were jointly developed by the deans of academic affairs, the representative of the academic staff, the representative of the students in the Senate, the AStA chairperson, and the vice-rector for teaching and learning. The objectives were confirmed in the 2013/14 winter semester by the Rectorate, the Senate, and the Board of Governors. In 2022, the objectives were further developed by the Quality Management in Teaching and Learning working group in line with the teaching and learning mission statement.
Securing the Studyability of Our Degree Programs
- Optimizing organization of studies, including the coordination of course schedules and exams
Enabling the Individualization of Teaching and Learning
- Supporting students in line with their individual talents, interests, and skills profiles.
Promoting Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Raising awareness of the impact their decisions and actions have.
International Outlook and Student Mobility
- Promoting cosmopolitanism and encouraging students to take a global perspective.
Backbone of the University
Skills Development for Our Staff
- Further qualification and continuing education of our instructors
Promoting a Welcoming Culture Within the University
- Enabling strategic partnerships and intercultural skills
Professional Qualification of Students
Stimulating, Innovative, Personality-Building Teaching and Learning
- Modern forms of teaching, learning and assessment geared towwards the development of skills and competencies.
Research-Led and Practice-Based Teaching
- Optimal preparation to address global challenges and requirements of the labor market.
Skills and Goal-Oriented Teaching and Learning
- Development of knowledge, skills, and abilities in a way that transcends subject boundaries.
Structure as a Basis for Decision-Making
Tailored Allocation of Resources
- Demand-oriented provision of staff and equipment
Data Management with a Focus on Data Availability and Quality
Further development of survey tools and the QMSLportal in line with requirements
RWTH as a Learning Organization
Continuous Quality Improvement
- Regular analysis and optimization of degree programs and study conditions
Establishment of a Data-Based Analysis System for Teaching Methods and Approaches
- Systematic review of the effectiveness of teaching, learning, and assessment methods.
Optimization and Digitialization of Organizational Processes
- Continuous review and digitalization of administrative processes in teaching and learning