Young Academics DayCopyright: © Martin Braun
Once a year, the Vice-Rector for Human Resources Management and Development, Professor Sabine Brück-Dürkop and the Center for Young Academics of RWTH Aachen University invite all doctoral candidates and postdocs to the Young Academics Day.
This English-language event is the perfect opportunity for early-career scholars to gather versatile and insightful information and network with peers.
Around 100 PhD students and postdocs attended this year's RWTH Young Academics Day at SuperC on Thursday, August 31. Under the motto "Mental Health in Academic Careers", the researchers were offered versatile and informative opportunities to gather information and to network.
The CYA team is already looking forward to the next Young Academics Day which will take place in early September 2024.
Looking Back: The 2023 RWTH Young Academics Day
Program of This Year’s Young Academics Day
- Opening by moderator Melanie Klaes
- Welcome speech by the spokesperson of the CYA Steering Committee, Professor Elisabeth Clausen, Institute for Advanced Mining Technologies
- Speech by Rector Professor Ulrich Rüdiger: Career Decisions for Young Researchers – A Personal Rector’s View with a subsequent question-and-answer session
- Keynote by Britta Piel: Use More Humor, Be More Human: Some (Unexpected) Advice and Useful Techniques for a Healthy Research Career.
- Short presentation of the services RWTH offers for early-career researchers.
- Time for the early-career researchers to explore the marketplace offerings provided by various departments and units at RWTH, network with peers, and enjoy ice cream and cold drinks