Young Academics Day© Martin Braun
Once a year, the Vice-Rector for Human Resources Management and Development, Professor Sabine
Brück-Dürkop and the Center for Young Academics of RWTH Aachen University invite all doctoral candidates and postdocs to the Young Academics Day.
This English-language event is the perfect opportunity for early-career scholars to gather versatile and insightful information and network with peers.
Looking Back: The 2023 RWTH Young Academics Day
Around 100 doctoral candidates and postdocs attended this year’s RWTH Young Academics Day at the SuperC on Thursday, August 31. We want to thank everyone – especially the various RWTH departments involved – for making the 2023 Young Academics Day a great success!
The CYA team is already looking forward to next year.
Program of This Year’s Young Academics Day
- Opening by moderator Melanie Klaes
- Welcome speech by the spokesperson of the CYA Steering Committee, Professor Elisabeth Clausen, Institute for Advanced Mining Technologies
- Speech by Rector Professor Ulrich Rüdiger: Career Decisions for Young Researchers – A Personal Rector’s View with a subsequent question-and-answer session
- Keynote by Britta Piel: Use More Humor, Be More Human: Some (Unexpected) Advice and Useful Techniques for a Healthy Research Career.
- Short presentation of the services RWTH offers for early-career researchers.
- Time for the early-career researchers to explore the marketplace offerings provided by various departments and units at RWTH, network with peers, and enjoy ice cream and cold drinks