- Here you can apply for the winter semester 2023/24 as of May 2, 2023 and view your application status
- Application and Enrollment Deadlines (pdf: 641 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Bachelor's Application (pdf: 3294 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Registration in RWTHonline (pdf: 1879 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Status of your Application (pdf: 679 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Enrollment (pdf: 1537 kb)
International Prospective Students
We explain the application process for prospective international students under:
Legal information about beginning studies is published each semester in the brochure RWTH-Info zur Studienaufnahme at the beginning of May for the following winter semester and the beginning of December for the following summer semester.
Carefully read the information, note your questions, and make sure to get these answered before the application deadline passes. The Student Advice Centre and Registrar's Office offer presentations about the application process each year.
Please also pay attention to our FAQ page.
Nationwide Restricted Admission Courses of Study (Dentistry and Medicine)
The Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung – Hochschulstart – allocates university placements in medicine and dentistry in a nationwide selection process. Please check well in advance what the selection criteria are.
Please submit your application for a first semester of study via the online application portal Hochschulstart.
Application Deadlines for the 2023/24 Winter Semester via Hochschulstart
- for applicants who received a university entrance qualification certificate before January 16, 2023: May 31, 2023
- for applicants who received a university entrance qualification certificate after January 15, 2023: July 31, 2023
Applying to a Staatsexamen Course of Study
The study placements in the medicine and dentistry courses of study ending with a Staatsexamen degree are allocated by Hochschulstart in a nationwide selection process. Please submit your application before the deadline to Hochschulstart via the Anton application portal. The Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung is responsible for the application and admission process.The medicine and dentsitry courses of study have participated in the Dialogue-Oriented Service Process, DoSV for short, since the 2020/21 winter semester.
Information on the Admission Process