Information and Events for LatecomersCopyright: © Andreas Schmitter
RWTH Welcomes Internationals
You are new in Aachen and are looking for contact? We have opened a Facebook group for all new international students so that you can get to know each other:
Your visa has been delayed; you had to take exams until the end of September; or you were only admitted to RWTH recently and therefore had to miss out on Welcome Week? No need to worry, you’re not the only one and you did not miss out on everything! We are here to support you and we have also gathered information for you so that you will have everything you need to get started.
First of all, please take a look at the presentations and videos from Welcome Week of the 2022 summer term, which will be available from April 4, 2022.
You will find the presentations from the online meetings, as well as the links to the recorded presentations further below.
Recorded Zoom Sessions of Welcome Weeks Summer Term 2022
RWTH Starter Pack on March 15, 2022 including the following topics:
- Admissions Department – Enrolling online with RWTHonline
- Incoming Student Services – Planning your stay as exchange student
- Techniker Krankenkasse – Information on Health Insurance
- AOK – Information on Health Insurance
- Studierendenwerk Aachen, Housing Advice Service, the Fizz – Food on the table and a roof over your head
Link to recordings (valid until June 30, 2022)
Still have questions?
The Info Service Center regularly organizes web seminars during the semester on different topics, such as learning German, career prospects, admission to and enrollment at RWTH. You can find out about the upcoming online seminars on their website.
- Looking for Accommodation in Aachen – Housing Advice Service (pdf: 3928 kb)
- Enrolling with RWTHonline – Admissions Department (pdf: 1111 kb)
- Planning your Stay as Exchange Student – Incoming Student Services (pdf: 1132 kb)
- Applying for Student Housing – Studierendenwerk Aachen (pdf: 1357 kb)
- Information on Health Insurance - AOK (pdf: 2179 kb)
- Information on Health Insurance – Techniker Krankenkasse (pdf: 2416 kb)
- Studierendenwerk Aachen – General services and offer (pdf: 2091 kb)
- The Representation of Foreign Students at RWTH Aachen (pdf: 3032 kb)
- International Office - Online Kick-Off Event (pdf: 10776 kb)
- AStA + GSP - What are the AStA and GSP (pdf: 1002 kb)
- AStA RWTH - Registering for Courses and Exams - the Basics (pdf: 2257 kb)
- IT Center - Making use of IT-Services (pdf: 2738 kb)
- RWTH Language Center - Registering for Language Courses (pdf: 3628 kb)
- University Sports Center - Registering for Sports Courses (pdf: 5656 kb)
- Immigration Office - How to apply for a residence permit (pdf: 2239 kb)