Sustainable manufacture systems towards novel bio-based materials
GREEN-LOOP addresses novel bio-based materials solutions, tackling the problem from a circular-business thinking perspective, which will enable overcoming the barrier for new manufacture tools, energy efficiency improvements and sustainable value chains.
The main goal of GREEN-LOOP is to design and optimise 3 innovative bio-based materials and components for industrial sectors: construction, packaging, food, beverage, appliances and tooling.
- Multifunctional panels rubber panels with fire resistance and vibrational applications
- Bioplastic bottle closures for oil and fruit juice
- Wood composites bearings for plastic injection machines
The value chain of each product is optimised from raw material source to End Of Life of products, ensuring the circular economy. All manufacturing lines are retrofitted to adapt to the new enhanced bio compoundings using Artificial Intelligence. Ultrasound improvement is included in the lignin production and rubber manufacture, and Microwaves improve preheating of bioplastic on injection moulding and curing of wood composites.
The whole process is monitored and presented in a virtual platform that includes KPI evaluation, business optimization in real-time, training (webinars), and social engagement.
- IDENER RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT AGRUPACION DE INTERES ECONOMICO (Spain)
- KEMIJSKI INSTITUT (Slovenia)
- ZAVOD ZA GRADBENISTVO SLOVENIJE (Slovenia)
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FORDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG EV (Germany)
- LABRENTA SRL (Italy)
- MIXCYCLING SRL SOCIETA BENEFIT (Italy)
- NEROSUBIANCO SRL (Italy)
- GERACE MARIA CATERINA (Italy)
- IRIS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, SOCIEDAD LIMITADA (Spain)
- GLOWNY INSTYTUT GORNICTWA (Poland)
- RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN (Germany)
- AUSTRIAN STANDARDS INTERNATIONAL -STANDARDISIERUNG UND INNOVATION (Austria)
- INSTITUTO DE SOLDADURA E QUALIDADE (Portugal)
- AXIA INNOVATION UG (Germany)
- ASOCIACION DE INVESTIGACION METALURGICA DEL NOROESTE (Spain)
- LE TERRE DI ZOE SOCIETA AGRICOLA SEMPLICE (Italy)
- NCC OPERATIONS LIMITED (United Kingdom)
- UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL (United Kingdom)