DFG Grant-Writing Bootcamp: From Idea to Proposal
Monday, October 23 to Friday, October 27, 2023
The DFG Grant-Writing Bootcamp is an advanced five-day program designed specifically for postdocs and junior professors who are working on their DFG Individual Research Grant ("Sachbeihilfe") proposal. Our bootcamp focuses on developing an original, high-quality research proposal that will stand out in a competitive field. Throughout the week, you will receive guidance and support from experienced coaches and colleagues who will work with you to improve your writing strategy and the overall competitiveness of your grant proposal.
Our program is designed to help you approach your proposal from the funder's perspective and to think critically about what makes a compelling pitch. During the bootcamp, you will have ample opportunity for individual writing time to work on your proposal, as well as participate in writing training, small group discussions, peer activities, and individual consultations in collaboration with the RWTH Writing Center.
By the end of the week, you will have a polished and well-crafted proposal that is ready for submission. Join us for the DFG Grant-Writing Bootcamp and take your grant writing skills to the next level.
Upcoming Bootcamp – Fall 2023
To attend the Bootcamp, participants must be current employees of RWTH Aachen University with a valid employment contract at the time of the event. Additionally, participants must answer the following questions:
- Have you not yet submitted a successful DFG Sachbeihilfe proposal?
- Do you plan to carry out your proposed project at RWTH?
- Are you currently writing a research proposal and seeking dedicated time to concentrate on it?
- Do you desire an environment that fosters exchange, feedback, and support in developing and presenting a compelling proposal story that will captivate your audience?
If the answers to these questions are "Yes", you are welcome to apply to the Bootcamp.
Apply now for the first Grant - Writing Bootcamp on October 23 to 27, 2023, at Kloster Steinfeld!
Applications due by July 14, 2023!
- Participation is limited to 10 people.
- You will receive a confirmation that we have received your application.
- Successful applicants will be notified by August 28, 2023.
Participation in the Bootcamp is completely free of charge. This includes your transportation by bus, accommodation, and meals at Kloster Steinfeld.
Please email the following documents by July 14, 2023:
- A letter of motivation that includes a short description of your research project:
- Why is the project important?
- How does it address the goals of the funder?
- What are you going to propose?
- Curriculum vitae
- Confirmation by your supervisor for your participation in the Bootcamp
We look forward to receiving your application!