Scholarship for Particularly Involved International Students
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
Within the framework of the DAAD program, STIBET I, the International Office awards scholarships to particularly involved students from funds provided by the Federal Foreign Office. These scholarships are targeted towards international students at RWTH Aachen, who distinguish themselves through involvement with an international context in their course of study and/or at the university.
Funding is provided for six months during the summer semester and comprises a monthly stipend of 400 Euros.
A selection committee in the International Office selects recipients based on achievements during studies and particular involvement in an international context at the university.
Who can apply?
RWTH Aachen students can apply who
- who are completing a full degree program at RWTH and have foreign citizenship. They must also be considered “Bildungsausländer,” meaning that they must have earned their university entrance qualification at a non-German school abroad.
- have studied for at least two semesters at RWTH Aachen and have good to very good academic performance thus far
- have characterized themselves through outstanding international work at RWTH Aachen aside from their studies
- can demonstrate intercultural skills as well as German and English skills
Involvement in an international context can include, for example, mentoring international students as a buddy or involvement with initiatives and associations with an international focus.
RWTH Aachen students cannot apply who
- will finish their studies in the 2021 academic year
- are exchange students or only briefly studying in Aachen
- are only enrolled for the German course
- are German citizens
- have earned a German university entrance qualification either at a school in Germany or a German school abroad
- are not currently at the university, for example by completing an external practical period, a final thesis with a company, or a stay abroad
May 1 to 31
What application documents are required?
Submit the following documents to the online portal
- Application form with a statement of motivation and description of involvement
- A current certification of your social involvement throughout your studies
- Certificate of enrollment
- Current transcript of records
- Current recommendation letter from an RWTH university teacher or departmental advisor
- Copy of passport and a copy of the residence permit, if applicable
- If you have a part time job, including as a student assistant, you must submit a copy of your work contract. If your employment is terminated at the beginning of, or during, the scholarship period, or the number of working hours changes, proof of this must be submitted.
- Note: we will not accept any applications that are incomplete or submitted past the deadline. Application documents must all be submitted online in a single PDF file. Any documents submitted by email or in paper form will not be accepted.