Scholarship for Completing Studies for Students
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
The RWTH Aachen International Office can grant scholarships to complete your studies as part of the DAAD program STIBET III Matching Funds, with funds from the Federal Foreign Office and Doktor Carl-Arthur-Pastor-Stiftung. This "Studienabschluss" scholarship funds the academic success of qualified international students, who are in the final phase of their studies.
A committee made up of representatives from RWTH Aachen will select the scholarship recipients. Selection is based on diverse criteria.
This short-term scholarship is granted for five months with a stipend of 500 Euros per month. Scholarship recipients will find out by mail if they have been selected or not.
Who can apply?
RWTH students are eligible if they
- are completing a degree program at RWTH and have foreign citizenship, earned their university entrance qualification abroad (Bildungsausländer), and are enrolled in a degree program at RWTH
- are in the final period of their studies
- are living in Germany during this final period
- can provide proof of a good average grade (at least 2.5)
- will complete their degree in the next twelve months
RWTH students are not eligible if they
- are exchange students or only briefly studying in Aachen
- are only enrolled for a German course
- are German citizens or have a German university entrance qualification
- are already receiving a DAAD-CAP Matching Funds scholarship
- will be abroad when they complete their degree
November 1 to November 30 and May 1 to May 31
What application documents are required?
Application form and description of financial status
Please submit copies of documentation of your financial situation – for example, if you have taken out a loan from a bank for your studies, then submit documentation of the loan as well as documentation of current employment contracts and side jobs, and of the income you received through your Master's program while writing your thesis.
- Current certificate of enrollment
- Certificate with exams and academic performance including your current average grade (can be requested from the ZPA or printed out from RWTHonline), medical students can get a list of their grades from the Dean's Office
- Tabular resume
- Copy of passport and residence permit
Evaluation from departmental advisor/information about your studies and academic performance
List of the departmental advisors
- Registration for final thesis/project (via ZPA or a preliminary registration via the faculty/supervisor)
- Bank account statement of the past four weeks
- A copy of the employment contract is necessary in the case of secondary earnings as a student assistant and other employment contracts. Please note that as a scholarship holder you are only allowed to earn a maximum gross pay of 450 euros each month. If you earn more than this, your monthly scholarship stipend will be reduced by the difference. If your employment is terminated at the beginning of, or during, the scholarship period, or the number of working hours changes, proof of this must be submitted.
- Note: we cannot accept applications that are incomplete or submitted past the deadline. Application documents must be submitted in a single PDF document. We will not accept any applications submitted by email or on paper.