Adaptive Automation in Assembly For BLUE collar workers satisfaction in Evolvable context
Sectors such as aerospace, automotive, wind power, capital goods are characterised, on the one hand, by complex products and small scale production that require high flexibility and on the other hand by an increasing pressure to raise productivity rates. Furthermore manufacturing systems need to deal with an ever-changing environment due to short term changes caused by human or production related variability or long term changes caused by market`s demands and company’s strategy, technology advancements and demographic trends. In this context assembly systems need to put together humans and automation taking advantage of each other’s strengths.
A4BLUE proposes (1) the development and evaluation of a new generation of sustainable, adaptive workplaces dealing with the evolving requirements of manufacturing processes, and (2) the introduction of automation mechanisms that are suitable for flexible and efficient task execution in interaction with human workers by optimising human variability through personalised and context aware assistance capabilities as well as advanced human-machine interfaces.
- Fundación Tekniker, Spain (Coordinator)
- Cranfield University, United Kingdom
- Airbus Operations S.A.S., France
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., Italy
- Illogic Societa’ A Responsabilita’ Limitata, Italy
- CiaoTech S.r.l., Italy
- Compañia Española de Sistemas Aeronáuticos S.A., Spain
- Ingeniería y Servicios de Automatización y Robótica Komat SL, Spain