"Children of Utopia" – Screening and Panel Discussion
RWTH and the ACtiv Inclusion network to host panel discussion
In collaboration with RWTH and the ACtiv Inclusion network, the Diversity teaching and research department participates in the nationwide campaign event for the film “Children of Utopia” directed by Hubertus Siegert. The institutions will jointly sponsor the screening of the film at Aachen’s Apollo cinema, which is followed by a panel discussion.
In the film, six young adults from Berlin look back on their time at an inclusive primary school – three of them would be described as disabled, but they reject that label. The initiators of the campaign – the film is screened in a large numbers of cinemas throughout Germany on May 15 – hope to raise awareness for the topic of inclusion.
SignGes, the Competence Center for Sign Language and Gesture at RWTH Aachen University, will provide sign language interpreters for the panel discussion.
- Stefanie Bresgen, Head of the inclusive Geschwister Scholl secondary school, Pulheim
- Horst Sieprath, SignGes Competence Center for Sign Language and Gesture, RWTH Aachen University
- Professor Nina Kolleck, Diversity Teaching and Research Department, RWTH Aachen University
- Dr. Hristos Slutas, instructor, German for Migrant Pupils, RWTH Aachen University
- Monika Menzel, teacher and member of the ACtiv Inclusion Network, Inclusive School and Organizational Development
The discussion is moderated by Andrea Rokuß, ACtiv Inclusion Network
Pontstraße 141 to 149, Aachen
Phone: +49 241 900 84 84
Admission: 7.50 euros