Election OfficeCopyright: © RWTH Aachen
The Electoral Office, situated in Division of Academic Affairs, organizes the election of senate members and faculty councils at RWTH Aachen.
The Official Posting Board is on the ground floor of the Main Building in the west wing by Room 030.
2021 Council Elections in All Groups
From June 28 to July 12, 2021, the elections for the Senate and the Faculty Councils, in short, academic elections, will take place for all groups as online elections.
At the same time, the student body will run the elections for the student councils, such as student parliament, various faculty councils etc, in short, student elections, also via mail-in voting. Further information on these elections can be found on the pages of the student body's election committee.
The timeline of the elections for the Senate and the Faculty Councils is shown in the election run-up model. In the download area, you will find the electoral district breakdowns with the seat distributions for the various groups.
The electoral roll will be available online from May 3 to June 17, 2021. Employees can access the electoral roll with this link, while students should use this link to view it. Objections to the accuracy of the electoral roll can be submitted to the election officer in writing or put on record within the display period. Only those listed in the electoral roll are eligible to vote.
Election nominations are to be submitted online by 12 noon on May 10, 2021. Employees can submit their election nominations using the following form. Students should please use this form. Instructions are available in the downloads.
Gender equality must be ensured when appointing members to the committees. Accordingly, this also makes sense for the election nominations.
The election notice for employees and for students will be published in the official notice box of the Election Office from April 19, 2021. It includes all the important regulations regarding these elections.
The election nominations of the individual groups for the election to the Senate and the Faculty Councils will be published in the Official Posting Board of the Election Office no later than June 1, 2021.
Election notifications will be emailed to all eligible voters on Monday, June 7, 2021. The email is sent from the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that emails from the Election Office are always signed and sent without attachments. In the email you will only find links to SSL-certified RWTH websites.
The official results were published on the Official Posting Board of the Election Office in the Main Building on July 20, 2021.
Pursuant to Section 3(2) of the Coronavirus Epidemic Higher Education Ordinance of North Rhine-Westphalia, the term of office for members and alternate members of all groups is only one year (October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022). Major committee elections will be held again next year.
- Announcement of the Election Nominations for the 2021 Election to the Senate and the Faculty Councils (pdf: 302 kb)
- Election Notice for the 2021 Senate and Faculty Council Elections (pdf: 158 kb)
- Fact Sheet Online-Wahlen (de) (pdf: 224 kb)
- Election Regulations for Senate and Faculty Council Elections (de) (pdf: 1685 kb)
- Run-Up to Mail-in Voting in 2021 (de) (pdf: 104 kb)
- Instructions for the Online Submission of Election Nominations (de) (pdf: 316 kb)
- Official Final Result of the 2021 Senate and Faculty Council Elections (pdf: 382 kb)
- Official Final Result of the 2019 Senate and Faculty Council Elections for the Students Group (de) (pdf: 80 kb)
- Offical Final Result of the 2018 Senate and Faculty Council Elections for All Groups (pdf: 430 kb)
- Electoral Districts and Distribution of Seats for the Group of the Instructors (de) (pdf: 17 kb)
- Electoral Districts and Distribution of Seats for the Group of Academic Staff (de) (pdf: 18 kb)
- Electoral Districts and Distribution of Seats for the Group of Technical and Administrative Employees (de) (pdf: 13 kb)
- Electoral Districts and Distribution of Seats for the Student Group (de) (pdf: 19 kb)