RWTH Aachen University Research Fellowship Japan
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
RWTH Aachen University grants up to three research fellowships for outstanding Master's and PhD students from top-level universities in Japan and who are interested in carrying out a research project at RWTH Aachen University.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to work in one of the numerous institutes, supervised and supported by RWTH Aachen University professors.
- Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Medicine
Since new research opportunities arise on a regular basis, there is no list of particular research projects.
Fellowship Value and Start
The value of the fellowship will be 3000 Euros for a 3-month program.
The research period should be agreed between the supervisor and the fellow. It should start at the beginning of a month and end three months (end of month) later.
- Very good grades at home university
- Very good written and oral English skills
- Enrolled student in one of RWTH’s partner universities in Japan:
- Keio University
- Kyoto University
- Kyushu University
- Nagoya University
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Osaka University
- Tohoku University
- Tokyo Institute of Technology
- The University of Tokyo
Interested Fellows need to identify a research supervisor at RWTH Aachen and agree on a research topic. The respective Confirmation of Supervision is part of the application documents.
Get more information on how to find a supervisor:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae/resume
- Statement of purpose with information on special research project work and RWTH-supervisor
- Transcript of Grades
- Proof of English skills
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Confirmation of Supervision at RWTH Aachen University
- Recommendation Letter of supervisor at home university with reference to the intended research project at RWTH
The application should be emailed as one pdf-document to Bettina Dinter five months prior to the intended duration of stay at RWTH Aachen University. Please contact her for any further information.
Note Regarding Double Funding:
The RWTH Aachen University Research Fellowship can’t be combined with any other German or international publicly or privately funded scholarships for example by the DAAD or public or private Japanese scholarships.