Industrial Mechanic in Combination with the Dual Course of Study MechanicalEngineeringPLusCopyright: FH Aachen/Thilo Vogel
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Volle berufsbezogene Fachhochschulreife, including practical experience, or general higher education entrance qualification
- Selection Process: Application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirements: Visual thinking, technical understanding, dexterity, placement test with at least a grade of "good" (at least 81 points)
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test with at least 81 points to continue on to the selection process.
- Professional Association: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: Parts1 and 2 are completed at the Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen. The degree is obtained from the Fachhochschule Aachen, Jülich Division.
- Courses of Study/Continued Training: Energy engineering, environmental engineering, nuclear engineering, power plant engineering, Master of Engineering
Training as an industrial mechanic combined with the dual eight semester mechanical engineering PLuS courses of study links theory and practice. Training as an industrial mechanic, with a specialization in fine tool engineering, takes place parallel to university studies during the first five semesters. Training consists of intensive fundamental training in mechanical engineering and specialization in one of the offered fields during the seventh semester.
Duration of Training
Vocational training as an industrial mechanic lasts two and a half years. During the dual course of study individuals are also enrolled at the Aachen University of Applied Sciences in the Mechanical Engineering PLuS course of study. After a total of four years, students can additionally acquire the Bachelor of Engineering degree. The course of study content reflects that of the regular mechanical engineering course of study at the Aachen University of Applied Sciences.
Practical training takes place in the workshops of the respective university institutions. It is supplemented by the RWTH Aachen Berufsausbildungszentrum für Mechanik and through inter-company measures.
Classes take place, once a week at the at the Berufskolleg Jülich, Bongardstraße 15 , 52428 Jülich..
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 1,036.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1090.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,140.61 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: not applicable; apprentices will receive a semester ticket via the Aachen University of Applied Sciences
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Description of Industrial Mechanic Dual Course of Study (de)
(pdf: 31 kb)
Here you can find initial information about the vocation at a glance!