- Prof. Dr. Matthias Wessling
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project duration:
- 01.01.2013 to 31.12.2013
- EU contribution:
- 395.000 euros
Sustainable Biogas Process Optimisation & Implementation Strategies
In this Pathfinder Project a Market Analysis identifying the current status and technical and non-technical implementation barriers of small, medium and large-scale anaerobic digestion processes is coupled to an analysis of full chain Innovation Options that potentially could be used for both the upgrading of existing biogas production facilities and the development of more sustainably biogas-driven biorefinery platforms. Sustainability Analysis is used to assess innovative concepts that are environmentally friendly, socially acceptable and economically profitable. To favour market deployment benchmarking of best-practices and knowledge dissemination and technology exploitation activities are part of this project.
- Stichting Dienst Landbouwkundig Onderzoek, Netherlands
- Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Province of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, United Kingdom
- Aberystwyth University, United Kingdom
- University of Debrecen, Hungary
This activity has received funding from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union, under the Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.