Application to First Course Semester
Information Material and Contact Offices
Legal information about beginning studies is published each semester in the brochure RWTH-Info zur Studienaufnahme at the beginning of May for the following winter semester and the beginning of December for the following summer semester.
Carefully read the information, note your questions, and make sure to get these answered before the application deadline passes. The Student Advice Centre and Registrar's Office offer presentations about the application process each year.
Please also pay attention to our FAQ page.
- Application and Enrollment Deadlines (pdf: 641 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Registration in RWTHonline (pdf: 1879 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Bachelor's Application (pdf: 3294 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Status of your Application (pdf: 679 kb)
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Enrollment (pdf: 1537 kb)
|Nationality||Course of Study||Application Deadline for Winter Semester||Application Deadline for Summer Semester|
|German X1||restricted admission (NC)||Till July 15 of every year (final deadline)||Till January 15 of every year (final deadline)|
|open admission||Till October 20 of every year (final deadline)||Till April 20 of every year (final deadline)|
Till July 15 (final deadline)
|Till January 15 (final deadline)|
X1 German citizenship or a German Abitur or university degree
X2 EU/EEA citizens with foreign proof of education. EEA countries include Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.
International Prospective Students
We explain the application process for all other international prospective students under:
RWTH Info (de)
(pdf: 1679 kb)
Information for starting studies
- Information for starting studies NC Subjects Winter Semester 2022/2023 Statistics (de) (pdf: 73 kb)
- Information for starting studies NC Subjects Winter Semester 2021/2022 Statistics (de) (pdf: 72 kb)
- Information for starting studies NC Subjects Winter Semester 2020/2021 Statistics (de) (pdf: 75 kb)