"A Changing University – Gender and Diversity from Different Perspectives"
By joining the "Charter of Diversity" in 2009, RWTH Aachen committed itself to nuturing a management culture, that enables a judgement free work and study environment, promotes diversity among students and employees, and ensures human resources development, that does RWTH Aachen's diverse skills, talents, and benefits justice. The Integration Team – Human Resources, Gender and Diversity Management, IGaD for short, is using the 1st Diversity Day as an opportunity to offer the series "A Changing University – Gender and Diversity from Different Perspectives" during the next six months.
renowned speakers will report on best practice examples for handicap accessible "inclusive excellence" and
- highlight chances for and risks of equal treatment and diversity work at universities
- analyze social inequalities during the transition to studies and throughout the course of studies
- illustrate the career path to becoming a female professor
- highlight the importance of female role models for women to have a successful career
- "Excellent University – Inclusive University", Dr. Klaudia Grote. June 27, 2013, 4 to 6pm, Seminarraum C 102, Kackertstr. 9, 52072 Aachen
- "Equal Opportunity and Diversity Work at Universities: Chances and Risks, Side Effects and Consequences", Univ.-Prof. Dr. Uta Klein. September 18, 2013, 6 to 8pm, SuperC der RWTH Aachen, Ford Haal, Templergraben 57, 52062 Aachen
- "Female Role Models – Don't Be Jealous – Copy Them", Sigrid Meuselbach. October 15, 2013, 6 to 8pm, RWTH Aahchen Guest House, Melatener Str. 31, 52062 Aachen
"Expansion of Education, Differentiation of Educational Systems and the Development of Social Inequalities", Dr. Markus Lörz. December 3, 2013, 6 to 8pm, RWTH Aachen Guest House, Melatener Str. 31,
- "How do I become a professor? A Glance at the Structures and Opportunites for Action", Dr. Sandra Beaufaÿs and Univ.-Prof. Martina Fromhold-Eisebith. January 14, 2014, 6 to 9pm, RWTH Aachen Guest House, Melatener Str. 31, 52062 Aachen