Termination of Enrollment



Melanie Taschbach

Letters S - Z


+49 241 80-94516



You can terminate your enrollment at any time in the Registrar's Office. Please fill out the Application to Terminate Enrollment and turn it into the Registrar's Office. You can either do so in person, via mail, or via email. Please print the application here, fill it out completely, scan it, and send it as an attachment to the .

Please note

Termination of enrollment can also be initiated by RWTH itself. This occurs, for example, if you have not reregistered for a semester.

Your last marks can be recorded and a certificate can be issued even if you are not enrolled any more.


Reimbursement of Fees

Complete reimbursement of the student body and social contribution fees is only possible up to the last business day before lecture begin. A reimbursement must be requested and the semester ticket must be returned.

This request is also used if you have accidentally paid too much or are requesting reimbursement due to a semester of leave.

After lectures begin, it is only possible to get the mobility fee partially reimbursed through a request to the RWTH Aachen AStA.


Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I locate the certificate that shows that I have terminated my enrollment?

As soon as you have terminated your enrollment, you can download the appropriate certificate in RWTHonline.

Where do I need to go to return my BlueCard once I have terminated my enrollment?

Please send the Blue Card back to the address that is listed on the reverse side of the card.

Where do I need to transfer my tuition fee?

Click here for all the relevant information on re-enrollment.

How can I receive a refund of the tuition fee?

You will need to complete the application for reimbursement to receive your tuition fee back.

You will only be able to receive a full refund of the student body and social contribution fee if you submit the form by the last working day before the semester starts.

Which date should I use when I am applying to terminate my enrollment?

If you apply to terminate your enrollment with immediate effect, this cannot be corrected later to a different date.

We recommend that you terminate your enrollment at the end of the semester. In this case, the termination certificate with the future date will also be available to you in RWTHonline after it has been processed through the system.