Co-organizing the Day of Integration
- +49 241 432 56605
- Send Email
- +49 241 432 56614
- Send Email
We are looking for creative minds and reliable organizers for the Integration Day!
What is the day of integration?
Each year in September, the city celebrates the open society in Aachen. The big citizen festival takes place in the Eurogress (Monheimsallee).
Numerous initiatives, associations and institutions dealing with the topic of integration carry the Bürgerfest. Together with the city of Aachen, they organize an attractive programme on three stages, which presents the cultural diversity in the cosmopolitan city of Aachen. On three stages, visitors can experience dance, music, sports performances, readings and theatre.
In addition, there are many opportunities to obtain information about the integration work at the information stands and to network. Visitors have the opportunity to get to know people and various institutions that are committed to successful integration.
The festival is rounded off by a fine selection of culinary specialities from various countries. And the attractive children's programme turns the Integration Day into a family celebration.
The Integration Day is mainly organized on a voluntary basis. This is why we need volunteer support in various areas every year.
Are you interested? There are basically two possibilities:
How can you get involved?
1. In one of the many areas on the Integration Day on September 6:
You have to keep your Saturday morning free. There will be a brief introduction to the specific area of application and you will get to know the premises of the Eurogress. And on Sunday, your individual participation starts.
(Estimated time: 15 hours).
The different participations programmes are:
- Stage program (Pick up and guide the different groups before the stage performance)
- Culinary area (Supporting the kitchen counter, clear the dishes and fill the dishwasher)
- Children area (Supporting the organizers at the activities for children)
- General Info counter (information for the visitors)
- Stage info point (Receiving the different groups of the stage programmes and giving out the first information)
- Support of the quality control
2. Engagement at the Organization Team
The organization team will meet around three to four times before the day of the Integration from April till the day itself. Representatives of the different areas of the day of the Integration will be meeting there. As part of the organization team, you will be taking on concrete tasks of the planning and execution of the different areas of the fest. Additionally, the organization team functions as a ThinkTank for new ideas.
There will be two more meetings after the day of the Integration. For one, a meeting to thank the organization team, where we will eat together and thank all the participants. On the other date, there will be a meeting to get feedback, in which we will reflect on the details of the day, in order to improve the planning of the next fest.
The concrete areas, where we will need support:
- Social Media (creating photos and videos, writing texts, bringing in creative ideas)
- Children area (bringing in ideas for new children activities, develop children program)
- Coordination of the volunteers on the day itself, creating the schedule
- Creative input for the stage program
- Creative input for special activities on the day of the Integration
- Moderation of the cultural program
(Estimated time: approximately 60 hours, depending on the activity the amount of hours might vary)
We are looking forward to your engagement!