Specialist for Market and Social Research
Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife
or guter Hauptschulabschluss
- Selection Process: Application and interviews
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Length of Training: three years
- Professional Association: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: Extended final exam (Part 1 during training, Part 2 at the end of training)
Specialists for market and social research are involved in the planning, organisation, and carrying out of market studies and research projects in empirical social research. You work with the conception and creation of questionnaires and conversation guides. You research data, analyse it, evaluate it using statistics software, and create reports and presentations from the results. Even though they predominately work in an office, they often have contact with the different target groups, such as customers, interviewers, or test persons. For surveys, you train interviewers, organize their assignment, gather the responses to the questionnaires, and implement quality control. A convincing manner and verbal skills are necessary for this work. You plan and organize project plans, set project guidelines and work from project documentation to project settlement in a team. Working in a team on a collective project require cooperation, autonomy, and independence from all those involved.
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in advertising and marketing
- Affinity for work requiring planning and organization
- Interest in data processing
- Detail oriented
- Good speaking skills
- Enjoy working with people
- Betriebswirtin und -wirt mit dem SP Markt- und Kommunikationsforschung oder Sozialwirtschaft
- Fachwirtin and -wirt
- Marketing-Kommunikations-Ökonomin and -Ökonom
Practical training takes place at the appropriate RWTH Aachen institution.
School training takes place two days a week at the Joseph-DuMont-Berufskolleg, Escher Straße 217, 50739 Cologne.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 1,036.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,090.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,140.61 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2018, 21 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Information: Specialist for Market and Social Research (de)
(pdf: 34 kb)
Here you can get initial information at a glance!