My University Entrance Qualification is a General Certificate of Education, or GCE for Short, With A Levels. What Requirements do my Certificates Have to Meet?
Documents to Upload on RWTHonline as Part of Your Online Application
- Three General Certificates of Education – Advanced Level, A-Level for short
Requirements for Recognition as a University Entrance Qualification, in Short HZB
A subject-specific HZB is present if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- Evidence must be provided of three independent, general education examination subjects at A-level with a minimum grade of C
- The following subjects must be among the examination subjects:
- Two subjects from: a language, history, geography, social studies/politics, economics, mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, and
- One additional general education subject independent of the two subjects chosen above.
The complete lists of recognized subjects can be viewed on the anabin Infoportal by selecting Great Britain from the list of all countries.
Access to Courses of Study in Humanities, Law, and the Arts
- An A-Level from: Language, History, Geography, Social Studies/Politics, Economics.
Access to Courses of Study in Social Sciences and Economics
- An A-Level from: History, Geography, Social Studies/Politics, Economics.
- An A level from: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science
Access to Courses of Study in Natural Sciences
- Two of the following A Levels: mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics
Access to Technical and Mathematical Courses of Study
- An A Level in mathematics and
- One of the following A Levels: biology, chemistry, physics, computer science
Access to Medicine
- Three of the following A Levels: mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, computer science
Access to Artistic Courses of Study
- No subject-specific requirements
If the examination performance is documented by provisional results, namely a "Statement of Results" or "Candidate Statements of Provisional Results", from recognized examination bodies (AQA, OCR, Pearson, WJEC, CCEA), they can be used as the basis for the HZB. The certificates from the examination bodies must be submitted at the beginning of the 2nd semester or no later than one year after the examination date.