I obtained my university entrance qualification in China in spring 2019 or later. What requirements do my certificates have to meet?
Documents to Upload on RWTHonline as Part of Your Online Application
- Certificate of upper middle school after twelve years of schooling and
- The national high school graduation examination (Huikao) and
- The university entrance exam (Gaokao)
- Notarized translations of all the certificates mentioned and
- An APS certificate, which is, however, only required at enrollment
Requirements for Recognition as a University Entrance Qualification, in short HZB
A subject-related HZB applies if the following general and subject-specific minimum requirements are met:
General Minimum Requirements:
- At least 70 percent of the total maximum score in the Gaokao
- Two foreign languages and one mathematics/science subject in the Gaokao
Minimum Subject-Specific Requirements:
- Access to courses of study in mathematics, natural sciences, technology, and economics:
- Candidates must have at least two of the following subjects: mathematics, physics, chemistry or biology, or as a subject complex "composite", (zonghe), in natural sciences, (ligonglei) in the Gaokao
- Access to courses of study in humanities:
- Candidates must have at least two of the following subjects: mathematics, a foreign language, history or geography, or as a subject complex "composite", (zonghe), in humanities (wenshilei) In the Gaokao
- Access to courses of study in medicine and dentistry:
- Candidates must have attained at least 80 percent of the total maximum score in the Gaokao that features at least two of the following subjects: mathematics, physics, chemistry or biology, or the subject complex "Composite", (zonghe), in natural sciences (ligonglei).
The assessment of Chinese school-leaving certificates acquired before spring 2019, for graduates of foreign language secondary schools with DSD-I or DSD-II, and for graduates of junior colleges, depends on other requirements. These are available at anabin - the information oortal on foreign educational certificates.