I acquired my university entrance qualification in South Korea. What requirements do my certificates have to meet?


Documents to Upload on RWTHonline as Part of Your Online Application

  • A certificate of secondary education, including a transcript of records
  • Proof of completion of the College Scholastic Ability Test or
  • Proof of having spent a period of study at a recognized university

Requirements for Recognition as a University Entrance Qualification, in Short HZB

The requirement of having a subject-related HZB is met if the following conditions are fulfilled and the corresponding certificates are submitted:

  1. the final transcript of record of your secondary schools certificate proves attendance and successful completion, in grades 10, 11 and 12, of courses in your mother tongue, a foreign language, mathematics, and a natural sciences subject.
  2. In the College Scholastic Ability Test ("Suneung"), you must have achieved at least the following results:
  • from 2008: an average "Stanine" score between 1.0 and 4.4
  • 2005 to 2007: at least 62% of the maximum score
  • 1997 bis 2004: at least 248 of 400 points
  • from 2002, at least 124 of 200 points in the Humanities section
  • 1994 to 1996: at least 124 of 200 points
  • 1981 to 1987: at least 210 of 340 points

If you do not meet the requirements listed under 1. and 2., there is an alternative option for admission: in addition to the secondary school certificate and the higher education entrance qualification, you must prove that

  • you have successfully completed two years of study at at a recognized university. You should have completed 35 units/credits per academic year.

Additional Information

If you do not meet the subject-specific requirements for admission, but have successfully completed one year of academic study at a recognized university, you can be admitted to a Studienkolleg or the assessment test (FSP/Feststellungsprüfung).