Research Assistant/Associate (f/m/d)
PhD students for "Research and Development in the Field of Combustion Systems with Optical Flow Diagnostics (TME-No.: 18130)
- +49 241 80-48080
- Send Email
Lehrstuhl für Thermodynamik Mobiler Energiewandlungssysteme und Institut für Thermodynamik
At the Chair of Thermodynamics of Mobile Energy Conversion Systems (TME) and the Center for Mobile Propulsion (CMP) under the direction of Prof. Dr.-Ing. (USA) Stefan Pischinger, research on all topics concerning the vehicle powertrain is conducted. Core focus is still the research on conventional combustion engine development like the implementation of innovative engine designs, fundamental research on more efficient combustion processes also in combination with alternative fuels or the improvement of the engine mechanics and aftertreatment systems. Additional research areas include virtual engine development, hybrid powertrains, electromobility as well as fuel cells and mechatronics for combustion engines. At any time research is closely associated with the ongoing development of intelligent methods for test procedures and engine calibration. The Chair of Thermodynamics of Mobile Energy Conversion Systems employs more than 260 scientific, technical and administrative employees as well as student assistants.
- University degree (Master or comparable) in mechanical engineering with a focus on "combustion / thermodynamics", "fluid mechanics" or comparable.
- Good knowledge of thermodynamics, combustion and internal combustion engines
- Experience with optical measurements
- Basic knowledge of laser optical methods (PIV, LIF etc.) for flow diagnostics desirable
- Experience in the use of analysis software (e.g. MATLAB) is desired.
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently as a scientist
- Creativity, flexibility, team orientation
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Application and further development of methods of optical combustion and flow diagnostics
- Experimental work on different test benches (flow test bench, single cylinder, high pressure chamber etc.)
- Use of advanced optical measurement methods
- Development of new measuring techniques
- Development of new fields of application for established methods.
- Extension of the task area with 3D CFD simulations possible
- Supervision and conduction of courses in English
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term to 1 year.
An extension up to 4 years is provided.
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. We also offer a comprehensive continuing education scheme and a public transportation ticket available at a significantly reduced price.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehrstuhl für Thermodynamik Mobiler Energiewandlungssysteme (TME)
Dr. Marco Günther
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.