PhD candidate / PostDoc (f/m/d) Climate-neutral & Sustainable Supply Chains
- 0241 80 23831
- Send Email
Lehrstuhl für Operations Management
The Chair of Operations Management is concerned with issues related to the design and control of production, logistics and service systems. Within the framework of application-oriented research projects, methods and tools of operations research are developed in cooperation with industrial companies to support operational decisions. A high degree of practical relevance as well as interdisciplinary cooperation with partners from industry and science characterize our research projects in all areas.
- You have earned your PhD or university degree (Master or equivalent) in the field of engineering, economics or natural sciences with great success.
- You have knowledge in (at least one of) the following areas: techno-economic assessment / mathematical optimization, ideally for processes and supply chains / data analytics for sustainability / life cycle assessment / carbon accounting / material flow modeling.
- You are interested in the practical implementation and application of your research approach in close cooperation with industry partners.
- You like to work in interdisciplinary teams and in cooperation with academic partners from engineering, natural sciences, and economics.
- Your work is characterized by a high level of motivation and team spirit.
- A very good command of English and well-developed communication skills complete your profile.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Cutting-edge research in the area of “Climate-Neutral & Sustainable Supply Chains”
- Application and coordination of research projects on sustainable sourcing and production, transformation towards climate-neutral industries, and circular and bio-based supply chains
- Active cooperation with industrial and academic partners
- Writing of scientific papers for international renowned journals
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term of 2 years initially.
An extension of the employment relationship is possible. An extension for at least one year is sought.
The fixed-term employment is possible as it constitutes one of the fixed-term options of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (German Act on Fixed-term Scientific Contracts).
This is a part-time position (75 % of the standard weekly hours for full-time employees).
There is an option to increase to a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. Employees who are covered by collective bargaining agreements and civil servants have access to an extensive range of further training courses and the opportunity to purchase a job ticket.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehrstuhl für Operations Management
Prof.Dr. Grit Walther
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.