Research Assistant/Associate (f/m/d) - PhD fellow molecular biology / protein engineering BL1-7 EBRA
- +49 (0) 241 8024173
- Send Email
Lehrstuhl für Biotechnologie
The competence center "Bio4MatPro - Biological Transformation of Industries" is one of two flagship projects, funded by the BMBF as a part of Bioeconomy Model Region initiative in the Rhenish Mining Area. In the first phase of the project (2022-2026), more than 50 partners from academia and industry are collaborating to explore and jointly realize the biological transformation of industries such as textiles, chemicals, consumer goods and lightweight construction through a biological transformation of materials science and production technology.
Sustainable structural change with high value-added products based on local, renewable raw materials and the creation of new jobs is what drives us.
Therefore, six BoostLabs (BL1-BL6) have been developed in the Bio4MatPro innovation network, working on 23 collaborative projects in three focus topic areas. The focus topic areas include:
From renewable raw materials to new valuable materials (BL1) Development of future technologies to combine bioeconomy with sustainable circular economy (BL2&BL3) Biological transformation of application industries (BL4-BL6)
If you want to become part of this unique network for the biological transformation of industries, don´t wait to apply! We are looking forward to enthusiastic and committed colleagues and co-thinkers who will join us in striving towards a successful and sustainable structural change in the Rhenish Mining Area and a Biological Transformation of materials science and production engineering.
- Very good university degree (master or equivalent) in the field of biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or a or a related area
- Very good knowledge in molecular biology and recombinant protein production (e.g., E. coli, S. cerevisiae, P. pastoris)
- Experience in protein engineering and/or material science (surface characterization) beneficial
- Independent and responsible, strong communication skills, and the ability to work both in a team and independently
- Creative and flexible thinking and open minded to interdisciplinary work
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, German language skills are beneficial
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Independent work on scientific projects (planning, execution and evaluation of scientific experiments)
- Writing reports on project results and progress
- Supervision of research internships and theses (Bachelor/Master)
- Writing of research proposals
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with academic and industrial partners
- Dissemination of results through scientific presentations and publications
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term of one year.
The option to extend the contract for at least two further years is available.
The fixed-term employment is possible as it constitutes one of the fixed-term options of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (German Act on Fixed-term Scientific Contracts).
This is a part-time contract position.
The standard weekly hours will be 25,89 hours.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. We also offer a comprehensive continuing education scheme and a public transportation ticket available at a significantly reduced price.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehrstuhl für Biotechnologie
Dr. Nursen Sözer
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.