Research Assistant/Associate (f/m/d)
PhD students for Molecularly Controlled Combustion System Development (FSC 152_230600)
- +49 241 80-95352
- Send Email
- +49 241 80-48080
- Send Email
The Fuel Science Center
The Cluster of Excellence „The Fuel Science Center – Adaptive Conversion Systems for Renewable Energy and Carbon Sources“ (FSC) generates fundamental knowledge as well as novel scientific methodologies to replace today’s fossil fuel-based static scenario by adaptive production and propulsion systems that are based on renewable energy and carbon resources under dynamic system boundaries. The fundamental research in FSC aims to integrate renewable electricity with the joint utilization of bio-based carbon feedstocks and CO2 to provide high-density liquid energy carriers (“bio-hybrid fuels”), which enable innovative engine concepts for highly efficient and clean combustion. FSC capitalizes on achievements of the Cluster of Excellence “Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass” to act as a structuring element at RWTH Aachen University and its partner institutions. Together with the Forschungszentrum Jülich and the Max-Planck-Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion as well as the MPI für Kohlenforschung at the Campus Mühlheim, a world-class research environment will be established. FSC strengthens disciplinary competences in natural sciences, engineering sciences and social sciences and converges them in a dynamic team science approach.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in mechanical engineering preferred with concentration on Thermodynamics/Fluid Dynamics disciplines
- Pronounced knowledge in the field of internal combustion engines preferentially in combination with experience in synthetic fuels
- Proficient computer and software skills (MS Office, Matlab/Simulink, INCA etc.)
- Good English knowledge (written & spoken)
- High degree of initiative, discipline and team spirit
- Ability to work scientifically and independently
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of a new highly efficient combustion system with near-to-zero pollutant emissions using carbon-neutral fuels based on renewable ressources
- Direct injection system development (i.e. digital rate shaping, alternative fuels)
- Experimental work at combustion engines test benches with the focus on fuel efficiency and emission reduction
- Accompanying analyses of the thermodynamic process by special measurement technologies and numerical simulations
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term to 1 year.
An extension for at least 2 years is provided.
The fixed-term employment is possible as it constitutes one of the fixed-term options of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (German Act on Fixed-term Scientific Contracts).
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. Employees who are covered by collective bargaining agreements and civil servants have access to an extensive range of further training courses and the opportunity to purchase a job ticket.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Fuel Science Center
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.